0. Withdraw a supply of cash from the bank. Keep some carefully hidden in the car, some in the house.
3. Stock up on batteries for the CB radio, shortwave, and portable television. Set up a proper antenna for the shortwave.
6. Check to see if my grandfather's old Primus stove still works. If not, buy a new portable stove + plenty of fuel. Buy charcoal and lighter fluid for the grill.
7. Purchase a few 5 gallon containers of gasoline. Useful not just for the car, but for the Primus stove and generator (#9) as well.
8. Purchase a pistol, probably an M1911. Plus plenty of ammo and extra clips. My rifle is bolt-action, and my shotgun is break-action, so I could use a bit more short-range firepower.
9. Purchase a generator and plenty of fuel. Being able to keep my fridge running for a few days would vastly increase my food supply. Not to mention being able to preserve precious batteries for other devices.
10. Buy a CB for the car. CB's will continue to work even if the cellphone network is down.
11. Get the neighbors organized so we can help take care of each other.