Neither the T1 provider nor phone company bothered to tell me I needed a demarc extension until a couple days before the first scheduled install. I tell my boss they need to get someone out here FAST to do the work (this is a large construction company, it shouldn't be that difficult). Nobody gets out here until the day of the install, and then he discovers that the circuit they tagged is already in use. By then, of course, the appointment has passed. So I call the provider to get the correct circuit ID and reshedule. They repeat the same number they'd given before, so I ask them to confirm it with the phone company. They'll get back to me. Days pass, and the second appointment comes and goes, and still no info. Finally the phone company sends someone out to the site to properly tag the lines. So I make a THIRD appointment, and tell my boss they NEED to get someone out here FAST to do the extension.
So here we are, the day of the 3rd scheduled installation attempt, and nothing has been done. Supposedly someone would be here at 7 am to do the extension, but it's 7:30 now and no one has shown up. The install appointment is at noon, and we may need to run new cable through a conduit underneath the parking lot. Fun Fun Fun!
I got up at 5:30 in the morning and drove for nearly an hour to get here (for the third time) and it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to do it again. If we miss today's appointment, I'm going to schedule the next one for a day I have off, that way I can charge overtime.
EDIT: Turns out there aren't enough wire pairs running from the demarc to this office trailer to do the T1, and the conduit under the parking lot is too full to run a new line that far. We will have to get someone out to piggy back off another trailer's 24 pair cable. So no T1 install today.