2. I lived with my grandparents until I was about 3 or 4, then moved back in with them when I was 12.
3. In 6th grade I scored in the 99th percentile on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills.
4. I started college while I was still 17.
5. I didn't get my driver's license until I turned 18.
6. My grandfather had to drive me to my college classes every day until I got my license.
7. I was born with only one working kidney. It's slightly enlarged, but the doctors say that's normal. The other kidney is shriveled up like a raisin and probably nonfunctional/minimally functional.
8. I've suffered from Recalcitrant Recurrent Corneal Erosion for nearly 10 years. It's mostly under control thanks to a cheap generic drug that costs me about 11 cents a day.
9. I was born exactly 1 day (Sept 3, 1973) after the death of J.R.R. Tolkien (Sept 2, 1973), my favorite author.
10. The Silmarillion is my favorite book by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have read it more times than I have read the Hobbit or the Lord of the Rings.
11. The first computer I ever used was my grandfather's Kaypro 10. The first computer of my very own was an Atari 800.
12. I have a near complete set of Morgan silver dollars. And a complete mint proof set of all 50 state quarters. I'm working on a proof set of the presidential dollars; it won't be completed until 2016.
13. Everyone else in my family is short except my grandfather and myself. I'm 6 feet tall, my grandfather was 6'1" before his back surgery, 5'10" after. My grandmother was 4'11", my mother and her siblings were all around 5 feet. My sisters and cousins are short too.
14. I was among the very first subscribers to Sirius satellite radio. I got a hold of a Kenwood demo unit several months before the official launch. I still have that unit in my car 6 years later. I get a special charter member discount.
15. I was in my school handbell choir for 4 years. It's the only instrument I can play well.
16. I wore braces for over 4 years. When I first got them, the orthodontist said I'd only have to wear them for 2 years.
17. I wanted to join the Boy Scouts, but my mother didn't want to pay for the uniform. I ended up joining the Christian Service Brigade instead.
18. I considered a career as a preacher, but I strongly dislike praying in public. I studied both Ancient Greek and Hebrew, though my Hebrew is terribly rusty. I can still stumble my way through Greek, however.
19. I also considered pursuing a degree in meteorology, but the nearest university to offer such a program was UC Davis, nearly 500 miles away from where I lived at the time. I took all the available meteorology courses at the local college, and I'm a trained NWS storm spotter.
20. I am certified as an Airline Transport Pilot. The largest aircraft I've ever flown was a Super DC-3 (C-117).
21. I'm a strict teetotaler. I don't drink alcohol in any form, ever. (I have no problem with other people drinking, I just don't drink myself.)
22. I held the world record for Joust for many years. My high score was 6.7 million points. I figured out how to kill the pterodactyl. Once you master that, the game is a cinch.
23. I have one of the largest furry comic book collections in the entire world. I haven't counted them recently, but I'm pretty sure I have over 2600 issues now.
24. I've seen Star Wars so many times I can quote practically the entire movie from memory. I can even quote most of Greedo's lines. (Oota goota, Solo?)
25. Twenty Five!