- Tue, 21:01: My hard drive is so badly hosed chkdsk crashes halfway through.
- Tue, 21:13: "The partition table did not have a valid system partition." Great....
- Tue, 22:54: How is it Linux can see the drives, but Windows can't?
- Tue, 23:48: I think I'm going to buy a new computer, then take this one outside AND SHOOT THE CRAP OUT IT WITH A SHOTGUN!
- Tue, 23:48: This is the last Dell I ever buy.
- Tue, 23:51: My data appears to be intact, but the OS is unbootable.
- Tue, 23:53: This machine is just about dead anyway. RAID controller has been dead for a year, video card is flaky, USB keeps disappearing...
- Wed, 02:20: Ordered Asus P6X58D, 3.06GHz i7, 6GB DDR3, 1kW power supply, 10x BD-R, dual TV tuner. Reusing old hard drives and video card.
The old gate to the barnyard here was in pretty sorry shape. The wood was pretty much rotten, particularly around the hinges. The outer screws…
10 inches of snow, that's what the NWS is predicting for Friday. And we're in the middle of getting a new roof installed. Perfect timing.
Ceilings caving in seem to be all the rage this season. I was doing the dishes when my roommate came in and asked about the puddle in the living…